Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What is it?


As I mentioned in the last post, the organization that has been taking care of our natal stuff offers free ultrasounds. And as in all pregnancies, the time came to find out what we were having.


As you can tell from the rest of the blog, we're having a boy (sorry, no suprises for those who didn't know). After we found out, which was on April 28th, we spent 4 hours that afternoon in Borders' coffeeshop looking up names and sounding them out trying to find the one name - out of 110,000 that we were comfortable with saying for the rest of our lives.


We had had a bunch of girl names picked out that we liked; we weren't really expecting to have a boy. We were in a bit of a pickle. Needless to say, we didn't figure it out that day.


A little bit of humor from the exam room, though. After the tech did the ultrasound, the doctor came in to "verify" things (I guess). The only thing he said to us was, "And there's a little something extra for ya." Ha!

3 comments:

Sarah Lewie said...

I don't think I get it....

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys!

Sarah Lewie said...

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't get the doctor's joke. Should I get it? Maybe I've missed something.... It wouldn't be that surprising. =)

Sarah Lewie said...

Dang...I fail at life. I get it now. Sad that you had to explain it to me!

How're things there?